Come4 - Porn with heart.
“Sex” is the top word searched on Internet. With nearly 100 Billion $ of yearly revenue, the porn industry is one of the biggest markets online. Unfortunately, it is also one of the least ethical and transparent ones. Many people consuming free pornography think that the only risk they may run is that of being discovered by others. This idea, however, is not just naïve, but also wrong, for the current model of consuming online sexual contents has many negative implications for all of us.
First, it constantly threatens our rights as consumers. As you know, people consuming free porn are often exploited in a way that would be intolerable in other contexts. Have you ever received an “enlarge-your-penis email?”
Second, the prevailing model is a business model, and thus it naturally and systematically aims at subjugating our sexual imagination to marketing standards.
As television (Baywatch) and history (Churches) remind us, sex is one of the most powerful tools utilized to alter and control people’s minds and behavior. Today the porn industry has an unchallenged power to decide which content should be available online. As a result, instead of reflecting the natural plurality of human, sexuality online pornography fosters a one-dimensional perspective that is often fake, violent, macho-centered, and in many cases barely legal.
We believe that we, as a self-aware community, can do better than this, and that the time has come to critically rethink the relationship between on-line pornography and society.
Imagine for one second that 1% of the total revenue derived from this gigantic market was being used to support charitable and ethically driven causes; then think about 50%! Provided no one is harmed and that everything is legal, is there any reason why part of these revenues cannot be used for better ends?
Come4 is a not-for-profit user-generated porn site with 3 objectives:
- To promote a positive, secular, liberal and pluralistic ideal of human sexuality
- To be respectful of consumers of online sexual content.
- To support people, ethical causes and non-profit foundations with provoking ideas.
We have built a website where:
- People can upload, watch, share and rate self-made erotic porn and sexual content
- Users can interact together, create groups, and win and distribute awards
- All content is allied to a charitable or ethically inspired cause
- Professionals, sex-toys sellers, performers, etc. can upload their sponsored contents; or purchase adverting space at the end/beginning of other videos and associate themselve with a charitable or ethically inspired cause
- Money generated from the advertisement linked to a content goes to the cause with which such content has been associated in the first place
We think that time has come to critically rethink the relationship between the Internet and sexuality, its global impact, role, form and scope. Our promise is that all Come4 finances will always be absolutely transparent, the interface will be smooth and friendly, users’ privacy and data will never be exploited, spam and aggressive advertising will never be used, and any inappropriate content involving violence or physical harm will be immediately removed and reported.
Come4 is a provocative, radical, and disruptive cultural operation. It is also the first user-generated, no-profit porn site aimed at funding charitable and ethically driven projects.